Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Birch


This is my fourth quilt in the Literature series.   It is inspired by Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.  I wanted to make a quilt about an image or feeling which a book evokes.  For me, snowy birch forests sum up everything Russian, though it turns out there aren't as many of them in that book as I'd thought!  You can read more here.

(I had a brainwave: if you want to take arty photographs of a mini quilt outdoors, iron freezer paper to the back to stop it getting muddy!)



2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Catherine! I love the simple lines and the evocative feeling it conveys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The literature miniquilts are a great and interesting theme. For some books it would be good to know the author, f.i. Great Expectations. The question came up, do I possibly know it? I am reading a lot! At nights!

    ReplyDelete