Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Colored Shadows

Colored Shadows.  A mini quilt made for my Four-in-Art Group.
This Quarters theme was light: Stained Glass Shadows




 I confess that I wish it had stayed more like this, more vibrant, but with time....and water,

 It ended up more muted.  My inspiration was the way the sun shines in through a stained glass window onto the floor tiles of some ancient cathedral.
 Just a fun teapot print for the back.
This mini finished up at 11.5" x 12.5"

You can visit my personal blog to see the details of the making of this mini at rachel-thelifeofriley.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Love this! It looks like so many of my photos of stained glass shadows. Heading over to your site to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilted floor tiles with light on top. A nice contrast of regular and organic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the muted effect it is very subtle and captures the shadow concept really well!

    ReplyDelete