Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Shimmering Ponds


My reveal of Shimmering Ponds was paper pieced using batiks and shiny silver lame. 
I pieced the fabrics in different ways to show that the ripples of water can move in different ways depending upon conditions. The lame shows the shimmering and glimmering of the movement.

I was pleased that the sun was brightly shining on the snow today so my photo enhanced the silver lame in the paper piecing. 

I will have my blog post up (a day late) on February 2, 2017
at www.patchworkbreeze.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. So clever to place this on the snow, as it really enhances the shimmering effect of the fabrics, and congrats with those beautiful blues. This is a beautiful little quilt, and the use of those fabulous blue batiks against the lame is stunning. I really love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! This is stunning and what an appropriate name

    ReplyDelete